Seminary Advancement Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and maintain a strategic development plan for SS. Cyril & Methodius Seminary, a Roman Catholic Seminary.
- Manage a personal portfolio of major gift donors (minimum of 120 prospects) and meet annual goals for contacts made and gifts received.
- Oversee Seminary stewardship program and strengthen a culture of donor service excellence, including donor relations, cultivation, recognition, and engagement.
- Cultivate new major donors for Seminary.
- Assist with direct mail campaigns.
- Create and execute an online giving program along with social media for the Seminary and advancement website links for our website www.sscms.edu
- Manage and produce internal and external publications for Seminary fundraising.
- Manage process and systems for prospect research, donor cultivation, information tracking and data tracking for the Seminary.
- Ensures information is accurate and consistent when entered into the system from all resources.
- Input contact reports of stewardship activities in Raiser’s Edge.
- Serve as staff support to the Seminary Trustees as it relates to Seminary development.
- Assist in Orchard Lake Schools fundraising events as a representative of SS. Cyril & Methodius Seminary.
- Interface with Seminary, Prep and Polish Mission staff to establish a cohesive development strategy and implementation.
- Work with Advancement staff to help maintain consistency in Raiser’s Edge.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in development and fundraising, preferably with several years of experience in a higher education or religious setting. Demonstrated success in obtaining gifts of $25,000 and above. Experience working with fundraising volunteers. Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills. Ability to interact effectively with high capacity donors and prospects, corporate executives, and foundation officers. Thorough knowledge of the major gifts fundraising process and an understanding of planned giving. Knowledge of the computer and databases and their application to development and fundraising activities. Must pass background check.
SS. Cyril & Methodius Seminary is a Roman Catholic Seminary preparing foreign-born seminarians, primarily from Poland, to serve the Catholic Church in our country. We also offer a Lay Ministry program. Currently we offer four degree programs: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry, Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry with a Specialization in Catechetics, and a Master of Arts in Theology. SS. Cyril & Methodius Seminary is a part of the Orchard Lake Schools founded in 1885. Our campus is also home to St. Mary’s Preparatory and The Polish Mission. For more information please visit our website www.sscms.edu.
Orchard Lake Schools
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creation of copy for development and marketing initiatives, including digital marketing, direct mail, print advertising, and corporate communication pieces.
- Gain deep understanding of the company’s history and creative rules to support the development of copy for a variety of topics.
- Watch for quality standards, such as typographic errors, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and accuracy of information.
- Maintain and own the corporate advertising rules and guidelines. Comply with rules, such as brand style guide, advertising rules, and departmental procedures.
- Support the planning, coordination, and delivery of multiple creative priorities simultaneously.
- Draft new copy for required changes. Maintain detailed list of required reviewers and document all approvals.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to develop marketing initiatives. Work closely with other departments and subject matter experts to develop content requirements for existing and proposed materials. Stay current on best practices.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work closely with others internally and externally.
- Other special projects as requested by management.
Projects may include but not limited to: brochures, flyers, booklets, semiannual magazine, invitations, Mass programs and signage.
Qualified candidates will have a degree from an accredited graphic design or illustration program and extensive hands-on experience and proficiency with Creative Suite 6, including Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
Since 1885, the Orchard Lake Schools has been a prestigious center of faith, education and tradition. Our family builds on the individual strengths of each of our three main institutions: SS. Cyril & Methodius Seminary, St. Mary’s Preparatory and The Polish Mission.